Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    aside from me?
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    I know They have a draft. Just never understood it.
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    what dont you understand?

    its the same as the NFL and NBA just much bigger
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know They have a draft. Just never understood it. </div></div>

    it's the same as the nba or nfl draft. it's just less publicized because most players won't help the organization for at least 2-4 years down the road. i enjoy going back to look at drafts from the past to see where current players were drafted. the thing about the MLB draft is that it really doesn't matter where the players are drafted. i don't think anybody around here has a chance of getting drafted this year.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    I'm only interested in seeing what happens with Casey Kelly, UT qb commit. I've seen him listed as the #19 projected pick in the draft.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    Yeah, I have seen that he is either going to be utilized as a pitcher or a shortstop. If he gets drafted in the first round I think you can free up that scholarship because he won't be coming to UT. I could be completely wrong.

    What are the typical signing bonuses for 1st Round players. I think I saw somewhere that they are typically over a million dollars, that might just be for Top 10. That would be hard for an 18 year old to pass up
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    FSU had a commitment get drafted 60th over all, and he told the FSU coaches he had "a million reasons to choose baseball".

    On another note, FSU junior Buster Posey is expected by some to be the #1 overall pick.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    If I was 18 and good enough to get drafted in the first couple of rounds and they slung six to seven figures in my face to sign it wouldn't even be a tough decision, where do I sign.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    Im interested. You probably won't see many of these guys for a few seasons (if at all) but I'm still interested.

    I do a daily recap of the Reds minor leagues games for a website so I see daily how our minor leaguers perform. It's always fun following some of these guys up through the system.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anybody else interested in the MLB draft??

    Mezarco (sp?) is starting to heat up isn't he? I'm interested to see where Marty Popham goes in the draft. He's a pitcher from Union.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •